This is an opinion shared by a concerned Nigerian citizen at the plight of the ordinary Nigerian in the hands of people they chose to represent them in government.
1. A leader ceases to be respected the day he/she begins to derive joy in stealing public funds and allowing his cronies to steal on his/her behalf.
2. A leader ceases to be respected, the day he/she starts living in extreme affluence with public funds, while subjecting the owners of the funds to extreme poverty.
3. A leader ceases to be respected the day he/she begins to borrow funds for the development of his/her people and steals or abuses the borrowed funds.
4. A leader ceases to be respected the day he/she begins to use his/her office as a theatre for his/her incompetent friends and cronies, and even appoint them into critical positions.
5. A leader ceases to be respected the day he/she becomes very comfortable with corrupt people despite all signs showing that the people are corrupt.
6. A leader ceases to be respected when he/she sacks people for gross misconduct and recalls them after a cooling off period.
Leaders command influence by their behaviours, policies and actions.
Leaders lose influence by the same measures.
You may want to study the concept of ‘CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY’ to guide yourself.
We DO NOT respect INEFFECTIVE & INTENTIONALLY CORRUPT LEADERS…they don’t deserve it…
NOTE: Sharing a fraction of stolen public funds to your people DOES NOT show love, it represents an OPPRESSIVE MINDSET!
Justice Enyinnaya Nwaubani
A Concerned Citizen